Saturday, October 30, 2010

Story Behind The Picture : "Alert & Watchful"

......
“Alert & Watchful”
....
Friends,
......
This time I’m before you with one of my favourite photographs, “Alert & Watchful”. This was clicked at Ahichchatra; a historical site situated around 45 Kilometres from Bareilly (U.P, India). This widely expanded place has a rich historical background. The uneven land and bushes give a distinct look to this place. A good number of peacocks and Nilgais (the Indian Blue Bulls) reside here. I was on a trip to this place with some of my friends in 2004. When we were returning back from the place, a herd of Blue Bulls came into vision. As our car reached close to them, they went away from us quickly. But this young Blue Bull returned back after striding a little and started looking at us. Luckily I was sitting by the window of our car. I started clicking without wasting any moment. I took a few photographs. This is one of them. The thing which I like most in this picture is the posture of the Blue Bull. The young creature seems giving pose for a photograph with innocence.
I used a Nikon F-80 camera with a 170-500 mm Sigma lens. The film was Fuji Crystal, 400 ASA. The photograph was clicked at shutter speed priority mode (at 1/500 sec.)
......
--Dr. Pankaj Sharma.
......

12 comments:

  1. Dear Dr Pankaj, Lovely pose.
    Raja Sah, Nainital

    ReplyDelete
  2. Superb......!!!!!!!
    NIKHIL SRIVASTAVA :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Sir,nice pict
    (Satpal Singh)

    ReplyDelete
  4. BRILLANT photo. so fortunate to get that pose. a very regal nilgai.
    Parth Chauhan (through facebook)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dear Dr. Sharma,

    Thanks for pics.

    A. K. Chaudhuri
    Medical Physicist-cum-RSO

    ReplyDelete
  6. nice photo sir.
    Viraj Mulye (through facebook)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful image Sir!
    Rajeev Kashyap
    (through facebook)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good advise with a perfect shoot
    Superb.................

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful shot Dr.Pankaj Sharma ji, Your work always hypnotize me, loved it!
    Keep clicking!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Dear All,
    Many thanks for your lovely comments :-)
    Please remain in touch.
    --Pankaj

    ReplyDelete
  11. UR BLOG IS NOW FOLLOWED BY US.SAW UR PHOTOGRAPHY. WE LIKE THE STORY BEHIND THE PHOTOGRAPH ( ALERT AND WATCHFUL). THE PHOTO WAS REALLY LIKE THE CREATURE WAS GIVING A POSE FOR THE PHOTOGRAPH. GOOD GOING. KEEP IT UP.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sorry to reply late. I was out of station for three days and so could not use internet.I'm very happy to see that you are following my blog. It's an honour for me.
    Please remain in touch.
    --Pankaj :-)

    ReplyDelete