Saturday, February 12, 2011

Dashboard : "Small Devotee"

Dashboard

"Small Devotee"

Friends

This time I am before you with a photograph, titled, “Small Devotee” which is one of my favorites. The photograph was taken in Hoshangabad (M.P, India) during December 2006. Hoshangabad is famous for the holy river, Narmada and the Ghaats built on the banks of this river. Out of all, Sethani Ghaat is extremely famous due to its beautiful construction and divine ambience. I have visited this place various times and find it quite fascinating and calm at every occasion. While I was strolling at Sethani Ghaat, I watched a small girl coming down the stairs with her bag. She proceeded toward a Shivling (symbolic of Lord Shiva) that was established on a platform nearby Narmada. She took some flowers out of her bag to offer at the symbolic of the God. The innocent expressions and true dedication of the small girl motivated me to click this photograph.

I used a Nikon F-80 camera with a Nikon 28 – 105 mm Lens. The film was Fuji Crystal, 200 ASA.

--Dr. Pankaj Sharma

7 comments: