Saturday, April 23, 2011

Dashboard : Nature’s Magic

"Dashboard"

Nature’s Magic

Friends,

While our journeys, several places leave a profound impact on our heart and soul. Jhandi Dhaar is a kind of place which constantly remains fresh in my memories. This place is situated around 45 Km. away from Almora (Uttarakhand, India). The height of this ridge varies between 6000 ft. to 7000 ft. (approx.). We can observer widespread Himalayan Ranges from this place. Furthermore, Jhandi Dhaar has a particular spot from where we can enjoy the best view of Himalaya and Shivalik Ranges together (around 360 degree). This elevated spot is known as Jhandi Kot. We have to track a few meters to reach this spot. I had an opportunity to visit this place in November-2008. My aim was to capture the mood of mountains during the earliest phase of morning. Thus I, along with my companions, reached this place about a few minutes prior to sun rise. We waited for the right moment patiently. As the rays of the sun peeped out, the whole scenario turned to be dramatic. At one direction the sun-beam and mountain ranges seemed to be extremely fascinating. In addition the natural orange tint added to the beauty of the scene. I involved few branches of a pine tree on the upper right side of the frame (which I fortunately found on that spot). By the grace of God I got such photograph which always delights me.

I used a Nikon D-80 camera with a Nikon 18-135 mm lens. The camera was set at aperture priority mode with f-16. I used a firm tripod as well.

--Dr. Pankaj Sharma

15 comments:

  1. Nice pic...nice quote. >> Pankaj Parmar

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice one. Looks like photograms.
    Dr.SHANKAR CHATTERJEE

    ReplyDelete
  3. very true!! capture & capiton great combo.
    Jyotsna Maurya

    ReplyDelete
  4. nice ....sir - Piku Dey

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very nice pic
    Jayesh Malviya-INDORE

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice Photo, Sir.
    Ajay Surve,
    Mumbai

    ReplyDelete
  7. very nice photo sir

    (Lalitya Vashishth, Bareilly)

    ReplyDelete
  8. good klick...
    CHETAN KAPOOR--ALMORA

    ReplyDelete
  9. Showing The Mood of Nature
    Very nicely Captured,Pankaj Ji

    ReplyDelete
  10. pankaj ji, I am reminded of the great Ansel Adams, the pic is superb !
    Dilip Nerlikar-Mumbai

    ReplyDelete
  11. you make us feel that we are in heaven! such a nice shot!
    KALPANA SHARMA-DELHI

    ReplyDelete
  12. Heavenly true, and great photo. Keep going.
    Deepak Sharma
    Kalyan, Mumbai

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful image..
    Rajesh

    ReplyDelete
  14. We absolutely love your blog and find many of
    your post's to be just what I'm looking for. Do you offer guest
    writers to write content in your case? I wouldn't mind producing a post or
    elaborating on most of the subjects you write concerning here.
    Again, awesome website!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Highly descriptive blog, I liked that bit. Will there
    be a part 2?

    ReplyDelete