Saturday, April 2, 2011

Story Behind the Picture : "Hope"

Story Behind the Picture

“HOPE”

Friends,

This time I am before you with one of my favorite photographs, titled “Hope”. It was foggy and wintry morning of 26 January-2009 when I clicked this image in my city (Bareilly,India). I was on the way to my office to attend the India’s Republic Day function. On my way, I observed a poor old man near a temple. He was physically disabled and hence he was sitting on his tri-wheeled rickshaw. He had placed a replica of Indian National Flag on the lever of his vehicle. The most important thing which attracted me deeply was the hopefulness in his eyes. In spite of his physical disability and poverty, the man wore an incomparable optimism and quietness. Moreover, the tea-tumbler in his hands, the bread in his lap, his blanket & scarf and his bag on the right side of rickshaw, altogether seemed to tell a complete story. All through our conversation, the old man remained very polite and kind-hearted. I departed from that place with deep regards for this man in my heart.

I clicked a few frames. This is one of them. I used a Canon Powershot A -580 compact camera.

--Dr. Pankaj Sharma

13 comments:

  1. As usual, it is a very good snap Pankaj ji. The depth of calmness mixed with a bit of cheerfulness on the face of the man is well portrayed. The envelop of fug on the background has created a dramatic effect in the photograph.
    ARMishra (Bareilly, India)

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Vandey Maatram"
    Very heart touching.............
    Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  3. Truly a picture of Hope.

    K.G.Maheshwari-Mumbai

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear Anup ji, Swami ji and Respected Babu ji (Maheshwari ji)
    Heartiest thanks for your compliments :-)

    --Pankaj

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well captured !!
    Abhinav Rastogi :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dear Dr. Sharma, This is a heart-touching click. I admire your sense of photography.Keep doing so....
    SUJIT MISHRA

    ReplyDelete
  7. The story really touches. A good job.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Dear Mr. Abhinav, Mr. Sujit and Sitanath ji,
    Many thanks for your messages :-)
    --Pankaj

    ReplyDelete
  9. Dear Dr. Sharma: A very well done !!! The image itself explains a story. Pls keep posting such nice captures. - LaTiKa ShArMa :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Really a very good shot Pankaj ji.
    H.S.Singh

    ReplyDelete
  11. Dear Latika ji and Mr. Singh,
    Thanks for being in touch through your inspiring comments.
    --Pankaj

    ReplyDelete
  12. just great !!!
    (RAMYA)

    ReplyDelete