Saturday, June 25, 2011

Dashboard : Sun Strikes Himalaya

Celebrating 2nd Anniversary......

"Dashboard"

Sun Strikes Himalaya

Friends,

This time I am before you with a photograph titled, “Sun Strikes Himalaya”. This photograph was taken in Gwaldam (Uttarakhand, India) during November-2010. Gwaldam is a tranquil place from where the excellent view of Trishul (a Himalayan Peak with the shape of a trident) can be witnessed. I, with my friends, reached Gwaldam by late evening. Our first aim was to select the perfect view point to click snow covered mountain at its best. Luckily the manager of our resort informed us about such point that was ideal for our purpose. All of us planned to reach the spot prior to sun rise. The day next, we were at the above said place half an hour before the sun rise. We positioned our cameras at our tripods and started waiting for first rays of the sun. I pointed my camera at the first peak of Trishul which was higher than the other two. When the first rays of the sun touched this peak, I immediately clicked a few shots. This is one of them. The things which I personally like in this scene, are the texture of the snow, the curves of the peaks, the deep blue sky behind the peak and above all, the mood of light. I used Nikon D-90 Camera with a Sigma 170-500 mm lens to capture this image. The picture was clicked at aperture priority mode (with f 16) and the ISO was 200.

--Dr. Pankaj Sharma


11 comments: