Sunday, September 25, 2011

--Experiment-- “Flying High”

Celebrating 2nd Anniversary...

--Experiment--

“Flying High”

Friends,

Sometimes a small experiment can result into fantastic image. This time I want to share such image which is based purely on imagination. Here are the steps which resulted into this picture

1. I took a miniature plane and fixed it on a thin wooden stick with adhesive.

2. I have a table with such sun mica layer that has uneven patterns (green in colour). These patterns give impact of the land as visible from a plane. I requested one of my friends to hold the stick with plane against the texture of table by maintaining a certain distance from background.

3. Subsequently I rested my camera on tripod and focused at plane with a wide aperture. I preferred wide aperture in order to get a slightly blurred background

4. The source of light was a window of my room.

5. I clicked a series of photographs and the present one was chosen for final strokes.

6. The photograph was opened in Photoshop. Firstly I removed the wooden stick by using Clone Stamp Tool. As a result, the plane seemed to be flying in the sky. Secondly I selected the background with Quick Selection Tool and applied feather with the radius of 5 pixels. Now the colour of background was turned blue from its original colour and the image was ready to share with art lovers.

--Dr. Pankaj Sharma

17 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing,Pankaj ji

    Swami Prem Sangeet

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Doctor
    If this outcome is of your small experiment, we anxiously await the results of your full size experiment.
    Congratulations in anticipation!
    K.G.Maheshwari--MUMBAI

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just Amazing....Keep going high Sir :-)

    Vaibhav Solanki.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear Dr. Sharma,

    Thanks for this pics. Keep well.

    Gday.

    A. K. Chaudhuri

    ReplyDelete
  5. Truely a wonderful Image and a great experiment Dr. Sharma.
    Thanks for sharing this wonderful Image.

    Regards,

    Anwarali Kapasi :-)
    (Mumbai)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful Sir.

    Richa Jamloki (Through Facebook)
    Kolkata

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely shot pankaj Ji....

    Suniel Marathe, Mumbai (Through Facebook)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful experiment, excellent end result, thanks for sharing the technique.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Pankaj ji bahut hi unda. Maza aa gaya!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fantastic Pankajji. It's really impressive.
    Jayanta Dutta

    ReplyDelete
  11. Dear Dr Pankaj,
    I appreciate your idea.
    That's a wonderful idea, and what I appreciate more is the way you have shared it.
    Regards
    Subhash Sapru

    ReplyDelete
  12. I read the description of this picture on your blog and I am very impressed with the way you describe the steps in a very easy way. The whole concept and the perfect editing made me feel that it was a real plane flying above some ocean. I wanted to write a comment on your blog but there are lots of formalities regarding mail so i thought it would be easier to comment here.
    --Richa Jamloki (Through Facebook)
    Kolkata

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow sir its a great result of ur experiment. Just read ur blog thanx for the procedure by which u get dis . . Great imagination and pure creativity.
    Akhilesh Singh-Dehradun (Through facebook)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks a lot for sharing information of a very nice experiment.
    Submitting some of my experiments with Glass while playing with light. Enjoy..
    Anjini Laitu--Dubai

    ReplyDelete
  15. Dear Sharmaji....wonderful image of the plane! When I first saw it, I thought it was floating in a swimming pool...

    Parth Chauhan
    Ahmedabad

    ReplyDelete
  16. great imegination nd nice clik ........pankaj bhaiya
    Ashima Gupta (through facebook)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wonderful idea. Really a lot to learn from you. Thanks a lot for this beautiful presentation.

    ReplyDelete