Saturday, September 10, 2011

Dashboard : "Dragonfly"

Celebrating 2nd Anniversary...

Dashboard

"Dragonfly"

Friends,

This time I am before you with a photograph titled, “Dragonfly”. I clicked this image during the post monsoon period of 2010 in the garden of my office. One day when I noticed a number of such dragonflies there, I immediately took my camera from my chamber. I clicked a series of shots, but did not get satisfaction. Suddenly I noticed a Dragonfly sitting on the leaf of a plant. This attracted me a lot due to its posture. The light coming from behind the subject was another point that motivated me to click. Since Dragonflies are quick in their movement, I had already set my camera at shutter speed priority mode with a high speed of shutter. Secondly, I switched on the continuous shooting mode of the camera in order to take different shots of the same subject rapidly. As the sun light was quite bright, the ISO was set at 200. I clicked a few shots and this is one of them.

I used a Nikon D-90 camera. The lens was Nikon 18-105 mm.

(The Smart Photography Magazine, Mumbai has awarded this photograph as “The Picture of the Month” in its August-2011 Issue.)

--Dr. Pankaj Sharma

10 comments:

  1. Excellent work Pankaj ji. Could have given 2-3 more photographs of the same.
    Anup (Bareilly)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful capture. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Doctor:
    Congratulations!
    Wishing you continued good luck with Dragon Fly,
    K.G.Maheshwari-MUMBAI

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear Anup ji,
    Thanks for your compliment. I'll publish more photographs of the same soon.
    --Pankaj
    ---------------------------------------
    Dear Mr. Haria and Respected Babu ji (Maheshwari ji) : Thanks for your kind words :-)
    --pankaj

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dear Dr Pankaj,

    Congratulations.
    The dragonfly is really good.

    Regards
    Subhash sapru
    Chandigarh

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dear Mr. Sapru,

    Many thanks for your compliments:-)

    --pankaj

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dear Pankaj ji,
    Excellent capture.
    Thanks for sharing.

    Chandan D.N.Gaonkar

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow.. great image !!!
    congratulations !!!

    shivani parashar

    ReplyDelete