Sunday, June 29, 2014

-Dash Board- "Everyday Duty"

Celebrating 5th Anniversary.........
-Dashboard-
"Everyday Duty"

This photograph, titled "Everyday Duty", was clicked in November -2010 at Someshwar, a scenic place of Uttarakhand (India). I was proceeding towards Gwaldam that is a picturesque spot of the same region. On the way I witnessed Someshwar. This place is famous for its pictorial farm-fields. There I watched a girl who was carrying some load (Perhaps ripped crop) on her head. The farm fields in the background, greenery all around, the dark backdrop of a hill and the magical back light of sun altogether created charming scene. I came down of my vehicle and clicked a few frames. This is one of them. I used a Nikon D 90 camera. The lens was Nikon 18-105 mm. Exposure was f-11, 1/100 Sec. The ISO was set at 200.
Girls in the villages of Uttarakhand are involved in the works of agricultural fields. They toil hard for their families throughout the day. The contribution of such girls for the sake of their family’s economy is admirable.

--Dr. Pankaj Sharma


8 comments:

  1. master shot sir

    Satpal Singh

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful lights and shadows. Uttarakhand remains one of the best places in India for Photography enthusiasts.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful landscape with touch of Red!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amazing Landscape!! Loved the colors!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks on your marvelous posting! I seriously enjoyed reading it, you
    may be a great author. I will ensure that I bookmark your
    blog and may come back from now on. I want to encourage
    one to continue your great writing, have a nice afternoon!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great info. Lucky me I came across your site by chance (stumbleupon).

    I have saved as a favorite for later!

    ReplyDelete