Monday, December 14, 2015

"From the Archive" Dashboard : My Pride, My Flag

From the Archive.....
-Dashboard-
"My Pride, My Flag"

The National Flag has a very respectful position for the citizens of any country. They value it more than anything else. This time I am before you with a photograph, “My Pride, My Flag”. I clicked this image on the occasion of India’s 64th Republic Day, 26th January-2013. I was in my office premises and was waiting for the moment when Indian National Flag was to be hoisted. Suddenly I noticed one of my colleagues with Tri Colour flag in his hands. The way he was holding the flag, fascinated me deeply. There seemed a true sentiment of patriotism in his posture.  Furthermore his Khadi-Jacket added to the feel of   Indian Nationalism. I requested him to allow me for taking some photographs and he happily agreed. I clicked a few frames. As I aimed at a different picture, I concentrated on his hands and flag only while editing the image. In fact his fingers seemed speaking enough in comparison of his facial expressions. My fellow photo-artists also liked this composition and their positive feedback motivated me to share this image with you.
I used a Canon Powershot, A-580 compact camera to click this image.
--Dr. Pankaj Sharma


No comments:

Post a Comment