Sunday, January 1, 2012

"Dashboard" - Heavenly View


"Dashboard"
Heavenly View
Friends,
Today I am before you with a photograph, titled “Heavenly View”. This image was clicked during the winters of the year-2010. I was on a trip to Gwaldam, a famous place of Garhwal (Uttarakhand, India). On one fine morning when I was strolling at a place situated at the outskirts of Gwaldam, I noticed a gorgeous sight. The blue ranges of the hills and two trees on the right side fascinated me deeply. I focused at the sight and all of a sudden a bird came into the vision and fulfilled the frame. I, without wasting time, pressed the button of my camera. This resulted into a memorable photograph which is before you.

In fact the presence of birds into a landscape is a mix of luck, patience and our attentiveness. Flying birds often add appeal in landscapes.

I used a Nikon D-90 camera and a Nikon 18-105 mm lens. The exposure was: Shutter Speed- 1/4000 sec. and Aperture- F 8.

--Dr. Pankaj Sharma



19 comments:

  1. Dear Dr. Sharma,

    Thanks for new pics. Go on taking pics and send them. Happy New year.

    A. K. Chaudhuri

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Sir, Thanks for sharing this wonderful picture.
    I wish u a Happy New Year.
    __ Tripti Sahu

    ReplyDelete
  3. happy new year sir and a nice image
    ANKUSH MAHATRE

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cooool !!!!
    jim core :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dear Pankaj ji,
    I am very regular reader of your blog. I am amazed to see that you re introducing so many new photo enthusists, who are doing great photography. I am also learning from each one of them. This is just another lovely platform for photo lovers and learners like me. Thanks for sending the blog. please continue the good work.
    Best wishes for a Happy New year.2012.

    H.Satish
    Bangalore

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dear Satish ji,
    Many Thanks for your kind words. I admire the way you have appreciated this blog.I know that you a master in your field.Your motivating words will surely help me doing more and more for our blog in future. I'll like to share your work among the art lovers through this blog :-)
    Regards,
    --Pankaj

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dear Mr. Chaudhury,Tripti,Ankush and Jim:

    Thanks so much for your compliments and wishes.

    --Pankaj

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks Ankur. I wish you the same :-)

    --Pankaj

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wonderful image DR. Sharma. I wish you a Happy 2012. H.S.Singh-Hisar

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wonderful shot...the bird does complete the picture.
    Thanks for sharing.

    Anwarali Kapasi , MUMBAI

    ReplyDelete
  11. Excellent image. I Wish you a Very Happy and Prosperous NEW YEAR.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Perfect Picture for New year...

    Happy New Year...

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks Mr. Singh, Mr. Anwar Ali, Mr. Haria and Vineeta.

    --Pankaj

    ReplyDelete
  14. A superb image, Dr. Sharma-ji. With the bird flying into the frame, an important compositional aspect sadly ignored by most present day photographers, the picture is complete so as to say.
    Let us see more of your heavenly images in 2012.
    I am attaching a greeting card for all your blog readers.
    Warm regards.


    Kishore B. Jothady Hon. PSI., APSI
    MUMBAI

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thanks for sharing. It's a good way to encourage budding photographers.
    Subhash Sapru-Chandigarh

    ReplyDelete
  16. Respected Sir,I also wish you a very Happy New Year

    ReplyDelete
  17. Dear Mr. Jothady and Mr. Sapru,

    Many thanks for your comments :-)

    --Pankaj

    ReplyDelete
  18. i always admire your photographs sir. this image is just superb == pranav kumar = mumbai

    ReplyDelete