Friday, December 14, 2012

My View -- Significant Places: Surroudings Matter

-My View-
...
Significant Places:
Surroudings Matter

Our country is rich in so many important places. We feel disappointed when we watch disturbing objects, such as electric wires and poles around such places. These objects ruin the beauty of the place and on the other hand hinder our visualization. Here is an example of Anasakti Ashram of Kausani (Uttarakhand). This is a calm and valued place where Mahatma Gandhi spent his some days and wrote his commentary of “Anashkti Yog”. I witnessed disturbing electric wires and poles at this place which could not be avoided while clicking this photograph. Later I removed these objects in photo editing software and the image looked quite different. I have done this with the aim of giving a message - if concerned authority had placed these wires somewhere else, I would have enjoyed being at this place with a different feel. Although the value of any such place lies in its historical importance, the beautiful surrounding of the place is equally important.

--Dr. Pankaj Sharma


No comments:

Post a Comment